Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Utopia #3: Self-Define



Although the skies are blue over Pocket Utopia right now, the ground underneath me is looking a little muddy, so let's clean it up. I think a lot of artists out there aren't finding what they're looking for and chances are they're not going to find it at my Pocket Utopia. My suggestion is, make your own Pocket Utopia (and that's really the ultimate goal). Draw it, define it, and share it, just do it.

Now back to my Pocket Utopia where I've decided to try and say "yes" to artists and that is proving difficult at times. Rewarding but difficult because what I am really asking is for artists to say "yes" back. Why is that so hard? It seems to mean trouble (not all the time) but I am reminded of Dr. Seuss's "I had Trouble in getting to Solla Sollew." The main character comments about his journey and I concur, "I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. So I said to myself, 'Now, I'll just have to start to be twice as careful and be twice as smart. I'll watch out for trouble in front and back sections. By aiming my eyeballs in different directions.'"

Where are my glasses? Now back to my own self-defining, trouble-free, quiet-time, during Grant's nap-time!

No comments: